Sunday, December 2

Hilarious Phone Call

Saturday night I was sitting on a beach, looking out at the ocean, and talking with one of my friends named Judro. We were just talking about a lot of different things when my phone rang. It was my assistant, Andrew. Andrew is a pretty fun guy, so when I answered the phone I was expecting him to be out on the town and wondering if I would join him. I answered the phone and Andrew went into his usual flow of "Hey man! Yo, what's up man, whatcha doing? Where you at, man?" The guy watches a lot of MTV, so his English is pretty much like an MTV show; it makes me laugh everytime. Anyway, after the usual small talk he says, "Hey man, you want to be a nude model?" Yep, you read that right: a nude model! "My friends need a nude model and I thought of you. They'll pay you 40,000 won (about $40) for 30 minutes." After turning him down and then exchanging some text messages I found out that his friends are art students (photography!) and they needed to take photos of a "muscle" man for their upcoming exhibit in Seoul. HAHAHA! What an awesome phone call! I said no, but if it would have paid more...maybe I could have been the modern Statue of David. :)

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

so funny! and so flattering! you totally should have done it. a very liberating experience i think.