Monday, November 12

My Korean Nemesis!

While in Korea I have experienced some defeats and frustrations, but not too many or any too large. However, I have one foe, whom I met on the first day here, that has succeeded thus far in getting the better of me. The First day at Kosin I attempted to use this strange toilet; it was a disaster. I ended up naked, awkward, and unsatisfied. I swore to accept defeat and never return. I kept my oath for over two months until the other day I found myself in a peculiarly adventerous mood and unhealthily full of confidence. I walked into the bathroom and faced my nemesis head on! Disaster? No. Victory? Definitely not. This time I left only feeling slightly awkward and whipped, not severely beaten. I have not braved this stall again, but maybe someday. I often say that I'll try anything twice: I've done it twice, and that may be enough. Maybe...

3 comments:

Chris Rensink said...

and my Japanese Nemesis...I have yet to master one myself. My head hangs low and my heart beats faster every time I see one.

Carolyn said...

you're a brave soldier. good on ya.

you got a guitar!!! fabulous. now you can sing english songs to your students all day long like me. :)

Aaron Van Gelder said...

Crazy toilet yo. I hope you conquer it. I have had some trees in the woods that take some work too.