Saturday, January 20

Today Upland, Tomorrow Spain!

Wednesday I said goodbye to my family and left NW Iowa for 5 months. My flight to Spain departs from Chicago on Sunday the 21st, so from Wednesday until now I have been on a little road trip in a resurrected 1985 VW Jetta with stops in Upland Indiana and Louisville Kentucky. Kevin, Andrew, and I have slept in the lounge of the library at Taylor Universtiy and showered in a communitty shower with three random students in a random dorm, while Cassie experienced the more standard college life in her sister's dorm. In Louisville we visited The Southern Baptist Seminary, partied with the University of Louisville fans at the Orange Bowl victory celebration on Fourth Street, and walked around the "hippie" neighborhood. Overall, the road trip has been a blast and hopefully a foreshadowing of my semester in Spain. I am really excited to get to Spain and appreciate your prayers during travel and adjustments that will occur.

1 comment:

Coon & Van Andel in DC said...

I'm excited for you too man! I gotta tell you, Washington DC is a LOT more than I expected - challenging my brain as well as my faith, thankfully :). I know you will be, but be open to new experiences because it's truly LIFE Changing. Check out my blog too buddy: http://coonvanandel.blogspot.com.
much love,
Brett